CA Technologies Advisor, Agile Enterprise Agility in Boulder, Colorado
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
- Job Overview*
This position is responsible for advanced facilitation, consulting and coaching Agile and Business Agility across and within multiple lines of business, value streams, release trains, and hundreds of agile teams. This position is ideally based in Burlington, MA, and works in multiple locations and regions including but not limited to the US, EMEA, India. Responsibilities include consulting and coaching lean/Agile leadership, Agile mindset, Agile methodology and scaling practices, as well as ongoing advocacy for and iterating on Agile and Scaled Agile maturity and adoption. This position mentors other Agile leaders, consultants, and coaches. This position is part of a small team of highly-collaborative internal transformation consultants and global site coaches that (collectively) is responsible for understanding and helping prioritize sustainable agility practices and support across all CA sites. The Advisor, Enterprise Agility, is recognized within the industry as a thought leader in one or more Agile domains.
● Join a small team of global transformation consultants and site coaches in creating sustainable business agility at CA
○ Collaborate regularly with this agile team as your first team
○ Pair regularly on a variety of scaled agile transformations including new line of business transformations and mature, thought-leading transformations pushing the bounds and understanding of SAFe
○ Collaborate with this team and senior leaders at CA to iterate on business agility practices
● Lead and co-lead (with other Agile Advisors) CA internal business agility transformations:
○ Work with business unit/line of business leaders to design transformation and value streams
○ Partner with line of business leaders to implement business agility practices such as quarterly business steering and initiative deployment processes for the operational value stream
○ Lead agile at scale implementations leveraging SAFe
○ Deliver SAFe and other Agile training at all levels: to our executives, senior leaders, program leaders, and teams
○ Collaborate with local site coaches to assist in transformation and sustaining activities
● Coach, train, and mentor Agile Lines of Business, Portfolios, Value Streams, Trains, and Teams:
○ Foster cross team, cross-train, cross-business unit, and cross-global sites communication
○ Mentor Leaders at all levels, and especially coaches, Solution Engineers, Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters with an aim toward making Agile techniques successful, resilient, and permanent.
○ Coach, train, and mentor those outside the Agile programs who support and work with the teams with an eye towards increasing business agility and customer value flow.
○ Observe and support business, portfolio, and program level Agile activities, and provide constructive feedback to leaders, coaches, and teams.
○ Collaborate with Scrum Masters and Release Train Engineers to coach, train, and educate programs and teams.
● Drive transformation where necessary and drive change in terms of business results and with positive intent
● Create an environment of trust across programs and portfolios where it is safe to challenge, experiment and fail without fear.
● Be an advocate in adopting Agile best practices and processes; nurture and develop sustainable Agile practices within CA.
● Act as a key participant in establishing future Agile direction and techniques.
● Act as a galvanizing force for sharing Agile knowledge across the organization.
● Lead Agile education at the business, leadership, program and portfolio level:
○ Support Agile education within the program, reinforcing practices and renewed adoption.
○ Train individuals in Agile techniques.
○ Deliver Agile workshops.
○ Conduct ad-hoc Agile training with anyone.
○ Ensure and develop solid educational content for a sustainable Agile institution at CA.
○ Define an Agile educational curriculum; identify and articulate the needs of the organization.
● As a leader in the enterprise, constantly refine and stay current with emerging themes in the larger Agile community:
○ Lead the incorporation of emerging and new Agile practices and approaches across CA.
○ Contribute to newsletters, internal and external gatherings and conferences as they relate to Agile practices at CA.
○ Maintain a visible posture within the Agile community through submission of articles, conference participation and engaging Agile leaders throughout the industry.
● Be a change agent:
○ Lead and participate in an Agile transformation at region/program level in collaboration with Agile Program Managers and/or Portfolio Program Managers.
○ Be the 'face' of Agile within CA.
● Model continuous learning.
● Participate in an Agile Coaching community of practice within CA; assist, coach, and mentor junior Agile Coaches.
● Support and develop all Agile coaching activities across CA.
● Participate in regional, national, and global Agile groups.
● Professionally coach:
○ Help individuals and teams reach their goals using techniques of professional coaching.
○ Assist in the career development of people in Agile roles.
● Participate in and contribute to Agile portfolio direction.
● Contribute to the definition, implementation and continuous improvement of sustainable Agile Coaching Practices that increase agility across all functions, and enable the emergence of high-performing teams and organizations.
● Provide strategic facilitation design and delivery expertise for large events as needed (such as quarterly steering, portfolio strategy sessions)
● Maintain a healthy interaction between individual team members and teams; may work with executive teams.
● Facilitate cross-organization collaboration in Agile improvement activities.
● Proactively recognize conflict; facilitate conflict resolution through collaboration and consensus at all levels of management.
- /Enable Scaled Agility/*
● Mastery of Scaled Agile Framework and scaling competencies.
- Typical Role Definition*
Technical Leadership. Internally recognized as a technical or business contributor. Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of multiple fields of technologies to complete significant and complex assignments. Works on complex technical projects or unique business issues requiring state of the art technical knowledge or where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Known in the department/group as the ‘knowledge base’ of information. May be the in-house expert on specific technologies. May act in a liaison capacity with other organizations. Evaluates progress and results, and recommends major changes in procedures to accomplish tasks. Plans and conducts assignments, and may lead or direct assignments that are generally larger and more important projects, or works on multiple projects at one time. Well-developed leadership qualities enabling mentoring of others. Often contributes to and assists with the review and evaluation of personnel performance.
- Business Travel and Physical Demands*
Business travel of approximately 50 percent yearly is expected for this position.
● Office environment. No special physical demands required.
- Preferred Education*
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a related field.
- Work Experience*
Typically 10 or more years in an industry related role.
Experience in Agile at scale consulting impacting 200+ contributors
Experience leading Agile at Scale transformations
- Skills & Competencies*
● Leading Yourself
○ Demonstrate a growth mindset, seek feedback often, and are effective in continuous personal and professional development.
○ Demonstrate high personal integrity and ability to earn trust from others.
○ Excellent communication, presentation, written, and interpersonal skills for both individuals and groups.
○ Knowledge of modern engineering practices such as pair programming and behavior driven development as they apply to Agile behaviors.
○ Strong business acumen.
● Leading Through Others
○ Facilitation skills - ability to facilitate programs or portfolios of 200 people or more.
○ Ability to anticipate conflict and support conflict resolution through designing collaboration and consensus experiences.
○ Mentoring: Demonstrate the ability to utilize knowledge and work with others to choose the best tools to solve problems in the situations as defined by the individual challenged.
○ Professional Coaching: Demonstrate ability to apply ACI concepts such as coaching arc, powerful questions, listening levels, and individual and team dynamics in coaching individuals and teams at all levels of the organization.
○ Teamwork: Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with in and across teams and the organization to accomplish organizational goals.
● Enable Agility
○ Demonstrate exemplary Lean and Agile behaviors:
■ Embrace the Agile Manifesto and the Agile Principles.
■ Pursue improvement of Agile techniques and practices.
■ Demonstrates mastery of Agile practices.
○ Expert understanding of Agile-at-scale approaches and techniques; next generation thinking in terms of innovative developments in Agile methodology.
○ Model the behavior of the relentless improvement and a sense of urgency (the Kaizen mind).
○ Demonstrate high personal integrity and ability to earn trust from others.
○ Practice and improve servant leadership.
○ Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
○ Ability to develop Agile training materials for all levels of an Agile Transformation.
· SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT) desired.
· ICAgile Professional Certification in Agility in the Enterprise (ICP-ENT) or equivalent desired.
· ICAgile Professional Certification in Coaching Agile Transitions (ICP-CAT) or equivalent desired.
· SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) or equivalent required
*There will be approximately 70% travel
- More About Working at CA:*
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
/ Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly./
/ If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788./