Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Commodity Specialist III (663144) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Commodity Specialist III
What you’ll do:
- Procure electrical, electronic and electromechanical commodities and back up other commodities as required.
- Prepare and maintain required purchase order or subcontract documentation in accordance with company procedures and government regulations. Develop RFQ/RFP/Bid packages, evaluate supplier quotes or subcontract proposals.
- Recommend and implement negotiation strategies and techniques, lead purchase order or subcontract negotiating teams, and document negotiation results (as required).
- Award and manage purchase order or subcontracts, ensuring that program or indirect purchase orders or subcontract activities adhere to Ball Supply Chain Management processes, certified procurement system, small business program, and approved property system.
- Review and interpret purchase orders, subcontracts, modifications and change orders; prepare purchase order or subcontract file documents and obtain necessary management and compliance reviews/approvals.
- Facilitate communication between the company and the supply base for specific procurement or subcontract actions.
- Ensure supplier or subcontractor performance to company requirements.
- Manage purchase orders or subcontracts, document notes and due dates, and resolve purchase order or subcontract issues.
- Manage purchase order on-time-delivery and prepare and present subcontractor score cards.
- Prepare or present purchase order or subcontract status to programs and participate in status meetings, may work directly with program and customer management to determine and meet program requirements.
- Monitor costs and implement efficiencies in procurement subcontracting activities.
- Participate as key team member and provide support to company proposal teams including guidance and direction relevant to supplier requirements.
- Prepare purchase order or subcontract files for closeout actions.
- Participate in the development of Supply Management policies, processes and procedures.
- Act as official company liaison for and resolve purchase order or subcontract matters with customer and/or program management.
- Contribute to supplier approval and supplier performance activities.
- Understand and support Supply Chain Management Quality processes and requirements.
- Ensure that all subcontract-related business within purview is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations, as well as company policies and directives.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Material procurement experience is required.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to assess quotes to determine the most appropriate source to select for given procurement actions.
- Commodity expert in one or more commodity areas, flexibly support other commodity and infrastructure areas and support Strategic Sourcing Team(s).
- Understanding of what constitutes "price reasonableness" and is able to document same in file documentation.
- Ability to work independently and meet hard deadlines, demonstrate effective teamwork skills, and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Capable of probing/questioning internal customers and suppliers on issues related to assigned commodities.
- Proficiency in Federal Acquisition methods for total acquisition life cycle.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Commodity Specialist III (663144)
Job ID: 663144
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time