Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace COMSEC Specialist I (663364) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
COMSEC Specialist I
What You’ll Do
- Conduct secure equipment (e.g., secure telephone and encryption devices) and classified keying material inventories, inspections, briefings, COMSEC incident investigation and reports, and other COMSEC-related support and oversight functions.
- Perform shipping, distribution and accountability of secure telephone communications, keying equipment, and encryption device(s).
- Maintain an accurate inventory and document control program to account for COMSEC equipment and materials.
- Develop COMSEC transportation plans.
- Train and mentor employees on how to properly handle and secure Communications Security (COMSEC) material.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network, TACLANE, FASTLANE, and crypto problems. Establish and maintain accurate accounting records and files using the Distributed Information Security (INFOSEC) Accounting System (DIAS) or other CSA accounting systems.
- Perform Field Tamper Recovery (FTR), upgrading cryptographic device firmware, and ensuring the interoperability of firmware versions between enterprise encryptors.
- Courier classified information and author receipts for classified materials.
- May serve as Primary and Alternate COMSEC Account Manager on a variety of accounts.
- Assist with writing of company policy and instructional manuals for simplification of processes for program team execution.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives in other security disciplines.
- Some moderate lifting required (approximately 25 – 40 pounds).
- Familiarity working with space COMSEC accounts a plus.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company.
- Successful completion of applicable COMSEC custodian courses.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS/BA in a related field plus 3 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI required.
- Must be familiar with COMSEC requirements and procedures to include the acquisition, maintenance, operations, and disposition of COMSEC equipment.
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with various industry partners.
- Willingness to travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (Note - could be extensive, and may include both air and ground transportation).
- Experience working with end products that range from large communications systems to circuit card assemblies.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, or production environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: COMSEC Specialist I (663364)
Job ID: 663364
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time