Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Project Engineer II-Mechanical, New Business Lead (663390) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Project Engineer II – Mechanical, New Business Lead
Member of Mechanical Solutions leadership team.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate planning, staffing, execution and review of all mechanical proposal activities ensuring that all appropriate disciplines/teams are engaged.
- Develop and deploy business rhythms, insightful metrics, tools and processes to ensure estimate accuracy and minimize execution risk.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of and engage in new business pursuit processes of each business unit.
- Coordinate with other Engineering New Business Leads to develop and maintain a robust costing database and costing models.
- Ensure proposed solutions meet cost, schedule, technical and customer needs.
- Coordinate with execution team on new programs to ensure they understand cost, schedule and technical assumptions/risks identified during the proposal.
- Establish highly engaged and effective relationships across Business Development, Programs, Engineering and Production.
- Proactively communicate across the organization and Programs to prevent surprises, identify/mitigate risks and best align resources with needs.
- Drive cost reduction efforts on new pursuits (innovative design solutions, maximize reuse, reduce test requirements, leverage new technologies, streamline production activities…).
- Support development/execution of capture plans and strategies.
- Work with team to identify, document and minimize any gaps between “price to win” and “price to execute”.
- Support development and execution of Mechanical Solutions product strategy.
- Increase estimating skills within the department.
- Understand and comply with the different estimating methods required by our customers (BOE, RCE, CERs…).
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field plus 12 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Proven ability to lead mechanical aerospace proposal efforts.
- Extensive experience throughout the full product lifecycle from proposal through delivery of mechanical products and systems for aerospace applications.
- DoD, NASA and commercial aerospace customer experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to the development and deployment of process/product improvements.
- Ability to lead and influence.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Project Engineer II-Mechanical, New Business Lead (663390)
Job ID: 663390
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time