Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in Boulder, Colorado
This position will support Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) Engineering Manufacturing Development (EMD) program. The qualified candidate will directly support the SBIRS SEIT Systems Integration team with oversight, technical direction, and engineering support for the delivery of Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) external and internal data and communications interfaces such as USSTRATCOM Integrated Tactical Warning Attack Assessment (ITW/AA), Theater Event System, Ballistic Missile Defense System/Ground Based Midcourse Defense, Technical Intelligence (TI), Control & Battle Management Communications, National Geospatial –Information Agency (NGA) Joint OPIR Group, SBIRS Factories, HOST Backbone communications, and the multiple Overhead Persistent IR (OPIR) users of SBIRS data. The successful applicant will be based in Boulder, Colorado, with travel to Buckley AFB, Schriever AFB, Sunnyvale, CA and Los Angeles, CA as required and will interface with multiple contractor and government test & acquisition organizations in the Colorado region. This position is responsible as the single point of contact for the definition, development, horizontal integration, end-to-end testing, and delivery of all of the related ground system, communications & network, and security components to deliver the SBIRS Block 10 and 20 Systems external and internal interfaces to AFSPC Operational Units. Additional Test and Integration duties will include leading efforts to improve combined segment and system deliveries for government developmental and operational user testing for the SBIRS Block 10 & 20 effort and SBIRS follow-on production.
Basic Qualifications • Must have Bachelors degree in an engineering/technical discipline.
• Minimum 8 years of aerospace systems engineering, system integration, and systems level test or operations experience required with a minimum of 5 years with the SBIRS program.
• Hands-on experience in leading development and delivery of complex high visibility systems of systems through planning to delivery is required. This includes the installation, integration, test of complex ground system data distribution interfaces, development of test plans and procedures, success criteria, test execution, data collection and analysis, test reporting, integrated DT/OT testing of SBIRS and other DoD systems.
• Experience with DoD and Air Force space acquisition, operational testing and test policies, and intimate knowledge of SBIRS missions, infrastructure, and organizational constructs required.
• Must have a firm understanding of inter-segment & on-orbit testing with previous experience in satellite space-to-ground system integration and operations.
• Must have strong leadership and team building skills and demonstrate Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives.
• Must have excellent written, verbal, and presentation communications skills and is expected to interface with senior contractor and government leadership on a regular basis.
• Current DoD Top Secret/SCI DoD Secret clearance is required.
Desired skills • Ability to work remotely with a minimum of direction and closure oriented.
• Knowledge of orbital mechanics, IR optics, mission data processing and dissemination, Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA), requirements verification, space vehicle sub-system relationships, and operations products highly desired.
• Willingness to become delegate Operations CPE desired.
• Experience with SBIRS engineering review boards, discrepancy review boards, configuration management, requirements verification, IS&GS ground system H/W and S/W engineering processes is highly desired.
• Experience with MS Project; ClearQuest; Artemis; DOORS; and RTP desired.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Boulder Colorado