Frontier Airlines Inspector in Denver, Colorado
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 300 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2016 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
Performs inspection functions according to Frontier’s Continued Airworthiness Maintenance Program (CAMP) and FAA Regulations to insure flight safety and airworthiness of Frontier aircraft.
- Always follow (never deviate from) approved published procedures unless proper deviation approval is authorized.
- Perform proper Required Inspection Item (RII) inspections and documentation thereof in accordance with Frontier’s Continued Airworthiness Maintenance Program (CAMP) and FAA Regulations.
- Perform C-Check, Line Maintenance/RON and Receiving Inspections.
- Perform light and/or intricate cleaning as required or directed by Supervisor of the department.
- Monitor maintenance, workmanship and materials to verify compliance with applicable approved published procedures (Frontier Airlines and FAA rules, regulations and standards, etc.).
- Performs on-site quality control monitoring of work performed on company aircraft.
- Audit completed aircraft records (i.e. logbook pages, work cards, non-routines, Engineering documents (EO’s, EA’s, etc.) and other related documents) generated by C-Check, RON and Line Maintenance.
- Monitor the proper completion of aircraft records (i.e. logbook pages, work cards, non-routines, Engineering documents (EO’s, EA’s, etc.) and other related documents) during C-Check, RON and Line Maintenance.
- Actively participate in the improvement of Frontier’s Continued Airworthiness Maintenance Program (CAMP) by identifying concerns and providing documented suggestions for resolution (i.e. PCR’s, etc.).
- Assists Receiving Inspection, conducts periodic inspections and audits of vendors, line stations and contract overhaul agencies.
- Assists with the Continuing Analysis and Surveillance System (CASS) audit program for internal departments involved in day-to-day operations.
- Perform On-The Job Training (OJT) in various functions such as NDT, RII, borescope, and receiving inspection as required or directed from the supervisor of the department.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of all assigned work documents and records
- Maintain currency on all revisions to company manuals
- Research all pertinent information and material for work scheduled on aircraft
- Make FMIS and Empower entries as required.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in order to maintain a safe working environment for all employees.
- Assist in the daily (after each shift) cleanup of Quality Control work areas and other areas as required or directed by Supervisor of the department.
- Shall follow the company’s guidelines provided in Frontier’s Employee Handbook exception being those specific areas governed by a collective bargaining agreement.
- Vol.D Maintain familiarization with the training requirements necessary as defined in the GMM 100: Maintenance Training Program and ensure training is current prior to performing the functions and tasks of this position.
- Perform other duties as required or directed from supervisor of the department
- Current Airframe & Powerplant Certificate.
- Must have possessed an Airframe & Powerplant Certificate for at least five (5) years.
- Previous and verifiable (OJT/training records/certificates, etc.) Inspection experience to include: RII Authorization, Designated Inspection Authorization, NDT Inspections (to include Eddy Current (ET), Liquid Penetrant (PT), & Ultrasonic (UT) Methods) and Borescope experience.(The Chief Inspector may waive any one or more of these requirements, if experience level is comparable and deemed acceptable.)
- Requires a minimum of three years of verifiable (OJT/training records/certificates, etc.) experience performing maintenance checks, engine changes, gear changes, structural repairs, flight control rigging, etc. on large aircraft operated under Part 121 or 135.(Chief Inspector may waive these requirements, if experience level is comparable and deemed acceptable.)
- Must be Fleet Qualified on Frontier’s aircraft.
- Requires the ability to acquire, hold, maintain and execute Required Inspection Item (RII) authorization.
- Vision must meet a minimum requirement of 20/25 corrected or uncorrected.
- Requires the ability to acquire, hold and maintain Borescope Inspection capabilities and execute Borescope Inspections as required.
- Requires the ability to acquire, hold, maintain and execute Level I NDT certification in Eddy Current (ET), Liquid Penetrant (PT), & Ultrasonic (UT) Methods.
- Shall acquire, hold, maintain and execute Level II NDT certification in Eddy Current (ET), Liquid Penetrant (PT), & Ultrasonic (UT) Methods after having held NDT Level I Certification for 1 year.
- When directed by management acquire, hold, maintain and execute Level III NDT certification in Eddy Current (ET), Liquid Penetrant (PT), & Ultrasonic (UT) Methods after having held NDT Level II Certification for 5 years.
- Must have the ability to complete (and pass) differences training
- Ability to acquire, hold, maintain and execute the use of a valid motor vehicle driver’s license.
- Must demonstrate behavior that portrays the company core values of Safety, Respect, Trust, Collaboration, Value, and Passion when communicating with personnel and acting on behalf of the company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a basic knowledge of transport category aircraft systems, structures, engineering drawings, support manuals and Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with Flight Crews, Maintenance, Engineering, and Inspection personnel.
- Computer literacy.
- Preferred – maintenance tracking software experience
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana (THC), Cocaine, Amphetamines (including methamphetamines and MDMA), Opiates (including codeine, heroine, 6-Am, and morphine) and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Requisition Number: 18-0065
Post Date: 3/13/2018