JBS USA LABOR RELATIONS LEAD NEGOTIATOR in Greeley, Colorado
JBS is seeking a Labor Relations Specialist based at our Corporate Office in Greeley, CO.
· Key member in the development and execution of the company’s labor strategy.
· Lead collective bargaining as the chief negotiator for 20+ CBAs covering 20,000+ employees throughout the United States.
· Provides counsel and direction to field HR and Operations teams in the areas of contract interpretation, discipline and discharge, grievance and arbitration, unfair labor practice charges, and general labor/management relations.
· Key contact with International and Local Union representatives.
· Provides training to field HR personnel in all areas of labor and employee relations and HR best practices.
· Create and maintain databases on all competitor wages and benefits, CBAs, Union leadership, LM2 data and key company data/policies.
· Monitors, tracks, and reports out on economic and industry trends and local/state/regional/national wage and employment conditions.
· Formulation of bargaining objectives and proposals.
· Interpretation of policies and CBA’s.
· Build and analyze costing models for negotiation of labor agreements.
· Support and develop positive employee relations programs in union and non-union facilities.
· Align labor relations strategies with overall company objectives.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 5-7 years experience as a Labor Relations Specialist or Labor Relations Manager.
· Manufacturing industry experience strongly preferred.
· Previous experience in collective bargaining.
· Very detailed oriented with strong Excel and Word skills.
· Analytical and disciplined with strong costing skills.
· Must be a strong communicator with the ability to operate at all levels of the organization.
· Must be service-oriented with demonstrated ability to be a strategic business partner.
· Must be able to work in manufacturing and other operations facilities, work irregular hours and travel 50-70% of the time.