DigitalGlobe DevOps SysAdmin in Westminster, Colorado
Please review the job details below.
The DevOps Team System Administrator is responsible for supporting critical operations of the high volume, mission critical DigitalGlobe Cloud Services production systems (Web based UI/API’s, Java services). As a member of our team, you will work with IT resources, Development teams and other DevOps engineers to solve critical issues while improving customer experience. You will also play a central role in migrating and scaling our system on AWS, and operationalizing a modernized build and deployment pipeline – two strategic initiatives that we expect to transform our organization and change the game in our product market.
• Investigate and contribute to solving various issues in production environments.
• Deploy software releases to our Cloud Services platform.
• Help to enhance and configure our emerging, automated deployment pipeline.
• Proactively analyze and contribute improvements to support and deployment processes.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with various technical and non-technical teams.
• Work with the development teams to improve system quality.
• Build effective monitoring, alerts, and metrics for production services.
• Provide configuration management for production applications.
• Participate in a light on-call rotation.
• Linux system admin experience.
• Scripting experience using Bash, Perl or Python.
• Experience running and debugging Tomcat java services.
• Ability to understand complex/interdependent software systems.
• Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems.
• Strong communicator and a passion to work with others to achieve team goals.
• Strong client focus, business acumen and results orientation.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Existing security clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance required.
• US Citizenship or Permanent Resident.
Other Preferred Experience
• Experience using Amazon Web Services a big plus.
• Development and GIT experience a plus.
• Familiarity with Agile development process from build through deployment.
• Postgres or other RDBMS experience a plus.
• General GIS, Imagery, and/or OGC services experience a plus.
Location: Westminster, CO
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.
DigitalGlobe is a leading provider of commercial high-resolution earth observation and advanced geospatial solutions that help decision makers better understand our changing planet in order to save lives, resources and time. Sourced from the world’s leading constellation, our imagery solutions deliver unmatched coverage and capacity to meet our customers’ most demanding mission requirements. Each day customers in defense and intelligence, public safety, civil agencies, map making and analysis, environmental monitoring, oil and gas exploration, infrastructure management, navigation technology, and providers of location-based services depend on DigitalGlobe data, information, technology and expertise to gain actionable insight.
DigitalGlobe is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.